WHICH BUSINESS CAN OPERATE UNDER ALERT LEVEL 3?
Any business may operate except for those specifically excluded. Certain places and premises are also closed to the public.
- Night vigils.
- After-funeral gatherings including “after-tears” gatherings.
- Social Gatherings, faith-based gatherings, political gatherings, and traditional council meetings
- Night clubs, bars, taverns, shebeens and similar establishments.
- Sale, dispensing, distribution and transportation (click here for exceptions) of liquor and the consumption of liquor in public places.
- Beaches, dams, rivers, lakes, in areas declared as hotspots
- Public parks including public and recreational facilities, except where expectations exist
- Public swimming pools, except as provided for training of professional athletes, and permitted contests
- All land borders except for limited services as allowed under the exceptions
- The 33 land borders that remain closed.
- Initiation practices and post-initiation practices (imigidi) except as specifically permitted.
- Passenger ships for international leisure purposes, excluding small crafts, in line with health and border law enforcement protocols.
- Attendance of any sporting event by spectators.
Places and premises closed to the public
- Night clubs,
- swimming pools, except for –
- the training of professional athletes: and
- permitted swimming contests
- bars, taverns and shebeens; and
- public parks, including recreational facilities at such places where there are no access control measures and entry limitations already in place.