The following personal movement is allowed under Alert Level 1
Currently, there is a curfew from 11pm – 4am, except in areas designated as hotspots, where the curfew is 10pm – 4am (Click here for hotspots). [Link to new FAQ on hotspots]
You are allowed to be outside your residence during curfew if you carry a permit to perform a permitted service under Level 1 (click here for more information).
The following establishments need to close by 10pm (except in hotspot areas, where they need to close by 9pm):
- Faith-based institutions;
- Venues where social events are hosted;
- Venues hosting concerts and live performances;
- Museums, galleries and archives;
- Gyms, fitness centres and swimming pools;
- Restaurants; bars, taverns, shebeens and similar establishments;
- Venues hosting sport, arts and culture activities; and
- Any other place where a gathering may take place.
Mandatory use of cloth masks (including home-made ones to cover nose and mask) when in any public open space, building or place used by the public, when using public transport, or when in the workplace.
You do not need to wear a mask if you are doing vigorous exercise in a public place, as long as you maintain a distance of at least one and a half metres from any other person.
- Social distancing to be applied in public when shopping, visiting health facilities (pharmacies, clinics etc.),
- Social distancing when using public and private transport, as per transport guidelines