According to the Minister of Tourism, Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, in her statement released on the 24 March, the criteria to qualify for the Tourism Relief Fund is outlined as follows:
1) Must be a formally registered business with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC).
2) Turnover must not exceed R2.5 million per year.
3) Must have a valid tax clearance certificate.
4) Guaranteed employment for a minimum number of staff for a period of 3 months.
5) Proof of minimum wage compliance.
6) Must provide proof of UIF registration for employees employed by the business.
7) Be an existing tourism-specific establishment as outline in the scope of application (suppliers and intermediaries are not eligible).
8) Must be in existence for at least one business financial year.
9) Prove that the relief is required as a result of the impact of COVID-19.
10) Must submit statements of financial position; over 12 months’ bank statement, balance sheet, income statements, cash flow statements.
11) Indicate the intended use of the resources.
The Minister’s statement is available here. This FAQ will be updated once more information is made available.