The following goods are listed as essential goods for import under Alert Level 4
Essential Goods for Import
- Food products, including non -alcoholic beverages and animal feed.
- Sanitary pads, sanitary tampons, condoms.
- Hand sanitiser, disinfectants, soap, alcohol for industrial use, household cleaning products, and personal protective equipment, excluding cloth face masks.
- Products for the care of babies and toddlers.
- Personal toiletries, including hair care, body and face care products, roll-ons, deodorants, and dental care products.
- Medical and hospital supplies, medicine, equipment and personal protective equipment (excluding cloth face masks).
- Fuel, including coal, wood, paraffin and gas.
- Hardware, components and supplies.
- Components for aftersales vehicles services.
- Chemicals, packaging and ancillary products used in the production of any these products.
- Textiles required to produce face masks, and other personal protective equipment.
- ICT equipment to facilitate work -from -home arrangements including computers, mobile telephones and other home office equipment.
To read more about the transport and logistics of cargo, please click here.
This is set out in Annexure B of the Disaster Management Regulations issued on 29 April 2020, available here.