According to the announcement made by the Department of Trade, Industry and Competition (DTIC), Minister Patel, in the Government notice 424 released on the 27 March 2020, a new schedule (Schedule 4) of export products that require an export permit has been developed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. These products include:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Face masks (including gas masks)
- Albumin (Human) 20%, infused
- BCG vaccine – injected
- Diptheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio, Haemophilus vaccines – prefilled syringe
- Polio vaccine – oral drop
- Rotavirus vaccine – prefilled syringe
- Tetanus toxoid vaccine – injected
According to the International Trade Administration Commission (ITAC), any person or entity who intends to export goods included on the above list will have to apply for a critical export permit.
According to ITAC import or export permit applications for disaster relief as a result of COVID-19 must be submitted electronically to Mr Marius Collins at email@example.com.
In the case of all other permit applications, ITAC advises industry to submit applications after the lockdown.