What businesses may operate under Alert Level 1?
All businesses may operate under Alert Level 1, except if listed as a specific economic exclusion below:
- Night vigils;
- After-funeral gatherings;
- Night clubs;
- The land borders that remain closed;
- Passenger ships for international leisure purposes (however, small crafts are permitted, in line with health and border law enforcement protocols);
- Attendance of any sporting event by spectators;
- Exclusions relating to public transport services to be set out in directions;
- Exclusions relating to education services to be set out in directions.
The Level 1 Regulations continue to require anybody that is able to work from home to do so.
All businesses that are re-opening and require workers to be at work need to strictly adhere to all health protocols and social distancing measures. Return to work needs to be done in a phased-in manner in order to put in place measures to ensure the workplace is COVID-19 ready. Return to work needs to be done in a manner that avoids and reduces the risks of infection.