If my business operates within the information and communication services, which business activities are permitted?
- All telecommunication services and infrastructure.
- Information and Communication Technology services for all private and business customers.
- Postal services and courier services for all permitted Alert Level 4 services.
Anybody in the sector that is able to work from home during Alert Level 4 should do so.
Anybody falling under the specific activities mentioned above can work outside the home and can travel to and from work under Alert Level 4.
This is subject to:
– Strict health protocols, and social distancing rules;
– Phased-in return to work to enable measures to make the workplace is COVID-ready
– Returning to work to be done in a manner that avoids and reduces risks of infection.
Anybody that is permitted to work outside their home under Level 4 must carry a Permit to Perform an Essential or Permitted Service (click here to download), issued by the head of the company or institution. This permit must always be accompanied by identification.
The Department of Small Business Development may issue further Directions related to small and micro enterprises, co-operatives, informal traders and spaza shops. (This question will be updated if such Directions are issued).
This is set out in the Disaster Management Regulations issued on 29 April 2020, available here.